Please sign in to post.

Daytrip car service?

Has anyone used Daytrip service in Spain?

Posted by
27223 posts

There have been several positive comments about DayTrip on this forum, though not necessarily involving trips in Spain. You should be able to find them via the search function, though I guess there might be issues with "day trip" hits getting mixed in.

DayTrip is a third party that makes its money by connecting travelers to transportation providers. It doesn't employ a staff of its own drivers. But as I wrote, posters here have been happy with the resulting service. I assume you pay extra since there's a middleman involved, but the simplicity of the arrangement may well be worth it.

I'd just take the train. Although you have to travel via Madrid, the trains are very fast, so I don't think that would take a great deal more time than a $$$ private driver.

Posted by
13 posts

I have used Daytrip in Spain. It was expensive, but excellent. We went from Granada to Madrid-- the trains were not running at good times for us and we didn't want to waste the day. The driver was professional and friendly. He showed up on time and drove safely. We had planned a stop in Toledo, and he was very helpful with suggestions. I would use them again if I needed the service, for sure.

Posted by
6470 posts

Although you have to travel via Madrid, the trains are very fast, so I
don't think that would take a great deal more time than a $$$ private
driver.

I'd say that the train will be faster, despite the detour via Madrid. It's hard for a car to beat a 300 km/h train.

Posted by
7 posts

I am considering using this service for transport between Nice and Rapallo at the end of this month. I'd love to hear about any experiences other people have had. (I know there is train service, but it involves three trains and over five hours; to save time and for convenience sake, I'd rather take a car.)