Please sign in to post.

Lightweight luggage.

I have seen somewhere on this forum mention of IT luggage - very lightweight. I went in search and did find some at TJ Maxx. The bags I saw were super light (around 3.6 to 4.3 lbs) and they had a different handle system so the rails ran down the sides instead of the middle of the bag for better capacity. The only thing is, they seemed kind of flimsy. Has anyone had experience with this brand? Thanks!

Posted by
11613 posts

I decided on a sturdier-looking bag because I thought I might have to gate-check at some point. I have the RS rolling carryon and have used it for three very long trips, still looks great.

Posted by
3 posts

I've checked IT luggages but Mandarina duck's luggage seems more solid and the material is similar to IT.

Posted by
10250 posts

Over a year ago, someone on Flyertalk.com said he bought it and it didn't hold up. Just search for the name of the luggage on flyertalk and it should pop up.

Posted by
81 posts

Thanks guys - I couldn't bring myself to actually buy the IT suitcases because they didn't seem sturdy enough. I was seduced by their weight. I ended up with an Eagle Creek rolling carry-on that should do the trick. Can't wait for our trip to begin - less than seven weeks until departure!

Posted by
3 posts

I've checked out Mandariana duck luggage especially the ones that have pockets They also got a lot of trolley series that are lightweighted