Please sign in to post.

Dublin walking tours

Any you’d recommend or suggest we stay away from?

Posted by
153 posts

We enjoyed a walking tour with a history major from Trinity College. We met our guide in front of the main gate at Trinity. Now I need to see if I can find the name of the tour operator.

Posted by
20 posts

I’d appreciate that. We would like to do the tour tomorrow. Sorry for the short notice! We saw something online that looked interesting, but it had a maximum capacity of 30 people and, to me, that’s way too many to be enjoyable.

Posted by
359 posts

I also did the history walking tour noted by Kathy. It was very good. The guide in our tour was a history prof at another college who had received his degree from Trinity. Here is the website https://historicaltours.ie/.

Posted by
20 posts

Have a couple of questions after looking at website:
What does it mean “starting at 19 euros”? And how long was your tour (website says 2+ hours). See below for what it says on website:
The Original Dublin Walking Tour
We meet at Grattan statue, on the traffic island, College Green, (opposite Trinity College front gate)
Starting at €19 | Explore The Main Features of Irish History | 2+ Hours | Ages 14 & Under Free

Posted by
2724 posts

Just signed up!

I would love to hear what you thought of the walking tour. I'm headed to Ireland next year.

Posted by
20 posts

It was fabulous. Though we were told it would be about two hours. It really turned out to be close to three hours. Our guide was interesting, funny, ready to answer any questions. It was really nice. I would highly recommend that tour.