Please sign in to post.

Paris-tour guide

Hello,

My husband and I will be in Paris in May and we would like a tour guide for the louvre. Can anyone recommend one or how to find one? We would also like to cruise the Seine. Any recommendations for a good river cruise?

Posted by
11414 posts

We had a private tour with Paris Muse, an excellent experience.

Posted by
303 posts

We took an evening river cruise to enjoy twinkling Paris at night. Since we had the Paris Pass, the cruise that was covered was with Bateau cruises located at the foot of the Eiffel Tower. It wasn't quite the experience I had in my mind. It was packed with people celebrating with champagne they brought on board. It was loud and less than romantic. Cheesy music was playing over loud speakers. There are other cruises offered at Pont Neuf. I'd look into those.

Posted by
11414 posts

I probably booked a few weeks in advance although we went in winter. I think you might inquire very soon.

Posted by
6592 posts

I suggest Les Vedettes du Pont Neuf for a river cruise, day or evening. No need to book ahead, do it whenever your schedule and the weather work. Avoid a lunch/dinner cruise unless you want to divide your attention between food and the scenery.