Please sign in to post.

Hotel choice

My husband and I are heading to Prague in September and choosing between House at the Big Boot and Hotel Hastal. Prices are comparable and reviews very good for both. Can anyone add information that might help us decide?

Posted by
711 posts

We stayed at Hotel Hastal pre-Covid and found it to be an excellent choice. The location is convenient to the main square without being directly in the touristic center; it was relatively easy to reach by taking the tram from the train station and then walking a few blocks. Would definitely stay there again.

Livingprague.com is an excellent source of practical information for planning your stay, and Jason's walking tours are excellent as well.

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you very much. We have been looking at Living Prague tours and planning to take at least one.

Posted by
409 posts

Thanks Mark. Certainly the Hastal has a better location if you want to be in the Old Town. The Big Boot is by far the more historic of the two, quieter location, it's a 20 minute walk to the Old Town and I believe Big Boot takes payment only in cash. If you have been to Prague before and wanted something a little different I'd go with Big Boot but if you are first-timers then you'll be spending the bulk of your time in the Old Town and New Town which makes the Hastal more convenient.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks so much for the helpful points. It is our first trip to Prague (earlier trip canceled due to Covid lockdown). We are staying a week and want to both see the major tourist attractions and also explore a bit beyond them, too.

Posted by
2026 posts

We stayed at the Big Boot some years ago. Our hosts were gracious and helpful, the very good breakfast was made to order, and our room was huge and comfortable. Its location near the German Embassy was blissfully quiet and offered enhanced security back then for those concerned about safety. It was about a 10 minute walk to the Castle and Charles Bridge. If we return to Prague we would stay there again without thinking twice. Enjoy beautiful Prague and safe travels.