Please sign in to post.

Best of Adriatic Tour

How strenuous is this tour? We have been on 14 day Ireland Tour and Southern Italy Tour. My older husband did great but is not a big hiker. Expecially interested in information regarding walk thru Piltvice Nationl Park. Thank you.

Posted by
7343 posts

Hi, I did this tour last year, and it’s a wonderful tour! The day at Plitvice, your guide will give you two options. One is to do both the upper & lower section. The other option is to just do the first one (trying to remember if it’s the upper). A few of us just did the first one, including me because I can’t be near an open dropoff which is at the end climbing back out.

Since you will be doing the first half, I will let you know that it’s the prettiest section, so don’t feel like you’re missing a great experience. The approximately six of us who just did that section went up to the hotel and had a lunch while waiting for the others to finish.

Otherwise, I’m thinking through all of the locations and don’t remember anything that would be a huge issue. Most of the uphill stuff was my own doing during free times. But do bring very good shoes for cobblestones/uneven pavement.