Please sign in to post.

Itinerary help

I think thinking of five days in Sofia.. day that i land will be late so do the communist walking tour that starts at 4pm. Then a walking tour the next day. Two museums. Then the next day the tour from 9-5 of the Rila monastery and boyana church. The next day a few museums and the fifth day a catch up day.. move from there to veliko T.. two nights. Aranasi and tour the city there is a walking tour there also stay at hotel Gurko. Then move to Plovdiv for four days.. then fly back to London. Was thinking the best tour for Kazanlak to see the rose fields would be from Plovdiv.. any thoughts on this?

Posted by
27223 posts

I didn't do the out-of-town excursions you're planning, but I think your time allotments are reasonable. I'm sure you'll enjoy Bulgaria.

Posted by
247 posts

I would think about doing a tour to the seven Rila Lakes over the monastery. I’ve been to both and I think the lakes are worth the drive while the monastery doesn’t occupy much time. I would also think about taking away a day from Sofia and a day from Plovdiv and adding Bansko if you’re into mountains and hiking. If not, I would spend more time in Plovdiv over Sofia. I enjoyed the vibe of Plovdiv much more and found it a more esthetic city.